Friday news from Limassol. July 2024.




In July, it will be exactly one year since I have been studying Greek independently. In the photo I will show you deposits of pieces of paper with Greek words and expressions that I have already learned, but to my great regret I have not learned to speak or understand. It is rightly said that language needs an environment. I don’t go to stores, and even here, almost everywhere they speak Russian, the language of our enemy. This was especially painful in the first days of our stay in Cyprus. In the block where we rent housing, there are very few locals, that is, Cypriots. True, the neighbor in the yard speaks Greek very loudly and I try to listen to him, but only sometimes I can understand individual words. I listen to commercials on the radio in the car. And I can admit that I already know most of the words. But I don’t have any local friends. I met a woman at sea, we often swim side by side, I tried to communicate, but I mostly have to help myself with gestures.
Now I’ve come to the topic, short commands and colloquial expressions, and I hope that this will help me, but I don’t know why? Still, there is no one to talk to or communicate with. But I don’t play computer games at all, which I dabbled in from time to time, in order to change the type of activity.

П’ятничні новини Лімассола. Липень 2024 року.

Я хочу розповісти вам про те, що саме у липні місяці виповнюється рівно рік, як я самостійно вивчаю грецьку мову. На фото я покажу вам поклади папірців з грецькими словами та виразами, які я вже вивчила, але на мій великий жаль ні говорити, ні розуміти не навчилася. Правильно кажуть, що для мови потрібне середовище. 

У магазини я не ходжу, та й тут, практично скрізь говорять російською мовою нашого ворога. Особливо це було боляче у перші дні нашого перебування на Кіпрі. У блоці, де ми орендуємо житло, дуже мало місцевих, тобто кіпріотів. Правда сусід по дворику, дуже голосно розмовляє грецькою і я намагаюся слухати його, але тільки іноді розумію окремі слова. Слухаю рекламу по радіо у машині. І можу зізнатися, що більшу половину слів уже знаю. Але в мене немає знайомих із місцевих. На морі познайомилася з жінкою, часто плаваємо поруч, намагалася спілкуватися, але доводиться переважно допомагати собі жестами.
Зараз дійшла до теми, коротких команд та розмовних висловів і сподіваюся, що мені це допоможе, тільки не знаю навіщо? Все одно говорити і спілкуватися нема з ким. Зате я взагалі не граю в комп’ютерні ігри, якими час від часу балувалася, щоб змінити вид заняття.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ОГХУ им. Грекова. Хроника 1865-1938

VERA KHOLODNAYA